Saturday, September 8, 2012


"It takes 20 minutes after we eat for our bodies to feel satieated. I wonder how long it takes our souls to realize our life is full?" Ann Voskamp

How true, how moving, a powerful quote and conviction of my thoughts, wants and desires. I am reading this book, One Thousand Gifts. It really poses some wonderful thoughts and drives my curiosity about the abundant life even deeper.

What a full life most of us have and take for granted if we are not careful, watchful, intent on actually living and not allowing life to pass us by. The morning alarm, the walk to school, the morning rush. Chaos can be a theme for our home getting two girls ready for school, while tending to an aggressive crawling 9mo. old. The afternoon revisits the chaos theme again with school pick up, soccer practice, hip hop dance class and hopefully a meal that I don't feel guilty about, in between. The agenda, the commitments, the list of to do's makes life a temptation to get lost and not take moments of still to sit, be grateful, hold a little one's hand to remember a purpose beyond car pooling.

I am challenged and encouraged that there is more to life than just the agenda and I desire the "more" for myself and for my kids. I want to choose adventure, I want to look back, reflect and believe in the story that has been written just for me. A gripping story with climactic points, lessons learned, dramatic beginnings and sad endings......A story, as I am learning, that is still very much in the midst of being written. Only one knows how the story ends, and He is a God of adventure who LOVES it when we surrender to the adventure, when we take a moment to sit still, breathe and and realize how full our lives truly are.........

..........my story, God's story, our adventure with Him

1 comment:

  1. YEA :). I see you have your blog up and running! GOOD JOB! I also read this book and have started recording my gifts on my blog... maybe you've noticed the "gift #" on the last few entries? Also, do you know their is a free app for 1000 gifts? LOVE IT! It makes recording gifts so quick and easy. Beware though that you can't go back and a photo to a written gift, but you can add writing to a photo gift. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete