Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Insanity

After weeks of watching my husband sweat thru his "insanity" work out, I decided to give it a try this morning. 40 minutes of pushing my body past limits and sweating more than I can remember. Insanity is a work out program designed to push people to their maximum potential. Shawn T, and they are not kidding around. The results, as they appear by looking at the testimonials on his video along with those working out with him, are quite impressive and certainly desirable from this end.
I jumped in, started up the video at 5:30 this morning, sluggish and a little scared, but jumped, lunged, stretched and sprinted when Shawn T told me to, and by the end I was spent!

Fast forward a few hours, two phone calls later, I am driving back from dropping both girls off at school, yawning from either my work out or the fact that my son woke me up at 4:45 and I never went back to sleep. My mind was tired, but also weary of the morning routine of getting the kids ready, planning out my day and meeting the needs of my chubby and oh so cute little 9mo old. My mind was also weighted, by the house we are trying to sell in MT. Its been a long process, and feels like a bleak process at times. We are desperate for it to sell, depending on family to fix it up and get it ready, as we are 1500 miles away! Days go by and I wait for that phone call of the family who wants to buy it! I hold out hope for this last tie to our past to be cut. Stomach starts to tighten, anxiety slowly creeping in.

Standing in my bathroom thinking thru the list of to do's for the day; emails to write, groceries to buy, shopping to be done ( that one is my own scheduled pleasure time:) Then the air slowly starts to deflate from my inflated thought/idea balloon. I'm too tired.

Laying on the couch now, anxiety has taken over more of my stomach. My thoughts are spending time creating the needed excuses to convince myself that today is better spent just being down, feeling a little sad and telling myself that it is okay to postpone my to do list until tomorrow. As I cross my legs, a small sore muscle pain shoots up my leg. Oh yes the rembering pain of insanity.

No coincidences here, God takes me back from that soreness in my leg to remembering Shawn T pushing me thru with his words and demanding instruction. I am reminded that I didn't quite........I wanted to and it was seriously SO hard, but I pushed and I kept going and now I am sore:) (For those of you who work out you know the joy the comes from feeling sore later in the day, it means you legitimately worked out! and it feels great!)

Then he whispers "with perseverence we must finish this race I have marked out for you." Today is a day planned for me, and not one to waste, regardless of the circumstances. I have responsiblities and following thru on those is a step and act of faith. Pushing thru the doubt and discouragment to remember what God has laid on my heart, I know things He has instructed me to do and cannot be okay with sitting by and allowing the lies of our enemy to steal the hope and trust I have in God.

Our house may not sell today, and I might have to handle a few more calls about the house, but I am a mom and a wife TODAY and must remember what matters her and now. Circumstances around me will constantly change but I must keep going and not be defeated by those circumstances I cannot control. I must push myself thru to not just my own limits, but to the limitless power that comes from God's strength inside me. So I will blog now:) and then get up, clean, do dishes, run errands, play with my son, pick up my girls, make dinner, go to soccer practice and go forth in this day with hope, confidence and gratitude for This is the Day the Lord has made.

1 comment:

  1. I love this :) This is such a common struggle for so many of us and I, for one, needed to hear it today. It ALMOST feels as though we were chatting about these things over coffee. *sigh* Love love love you sweet friend!! :)

    ReplyDelete